The children built motorised windmill models today as part of our Bricks 4 Kidz workshop.
They also learned all about:
– renewable and non-renewable energy sources
– wind energy and how it can be harnessed and converted into electricity
– how the energy in the wind pushes against the panels of a windmill to turn gears and how the gears drive the tools used to perform tasks such as pumping water or grinding grain to make flour.
– how the propeller-like blades of a wind turbine turn around a rotor and how the rotor is connected to the main shaft which spins a generator to create electricity
– how generators convert motive power (mechanical energy) into electrical power for everyday use in houses